Yet another version of Google’s Penguin update is coming, within weeks! It has now been confirmed offically, you need to get your website ready now for the update – Penguin 2.0.
The last Google search algorithm update code named Penguin, announced on 24th April 2012, affected not only black-hat SEO techniques but also legitimate websites; many of them unable to recover from their massive rankings drop, even now. As the new update is said to be even more ruthless than that last aimged at manipulated search engine rankings, you need to make sure your SEO people are aware of how to reduce the effects of this update.
To help reduce the risks of having your website removed from Google’s search results, you need to remove backlinks that:
- Come from sites built exclusively for the purposes of SEO and manipulation of Google’s search engine results
- Use overly optimised anchor text (1000 links back to your website containing your ranking text, such as Internet Marketing)
- Come from adult or other bad websites
- Come from sites that are irrelevant to your own
- Come from websites that are very young
- Come from websites with a very low Google Page Rank
- Have many external links from the page
- Have an extremely high alex rank
- Have many links coming from websites with idential class C addresses (the first three digits of your IP address)
Worried? 0161 871 6820
What else can you do?
Yes Backlinks are the biggest part of the Penguin update, but don’t forget some other things that can destroy your website rankings and credibility:
- Keep a close eye on your rankings to react immediately!
- Monitor your competitors rankings and learn by their mistakes
- Eliminate keyword stuffing
- Eliminate duplicate content
Finally, don’t panic – we’re here to help!
If you’re concerned about your website and your rankings, we’re here to help. Get in touch with us today to start your cleanup campaign.
Just like the SEO world is in a panic over Penguin today, eight years ago it was Jagger. Before jagger it was Florida; we were here to help then, and we’re here to help now.
Don’t panic, get in touch with Sheridan Internet. Let us do the rest…